Thursday 4 February 2016

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday






This week's Beauty Thursday is dedicated to part of my make up collection. This post is based on what I consider the base coat so I will talk about my primers, concealers, foundations and powders.


So we have to start with the primers, as you can see I have three different primers. I must say I love all of these, I have the infamous Porefessional from Benefit which I really love, pores aren't a big problem for me but I do like the smoothing effect it has. I usually just apply this one over my nose and sometimes my chin area. You can also see my Inglot "Under Make Up Base" is much loved, I adore this primer for nights out it, my make up applies so much better and it does a great job at making my make up last all night. The Emite primer is a recent discovery of mine from my Glossybox but I absolutely adore it, it's such a great primer if you want a nice glowy base under your foundation.


So here are all the foundations I own. I would probably say my Benefit Hello Flawless foundation in "I'm Pure 4 Sure ivory" is my favourite normal day time foundation for most of the year other than Summer as it lasts so well and during Autumn and Winter it's great at bringing the moisture into my skin so it doesn't look all dry. For Summer time I really like the Rimmel Match Perfect foundation in the shade "101 Classic Ivory" this is such a pretty foundation and has a really nice glow to the finish but it tends to oxidize a tad so it suits me better during the Summer. 

The bottom three foundations are great for when I am tanned so I mainly use them for nights out or during the Summer time after a holiday. I am absolutely OBSESSED with the two Inglot foundations, the YSM cream foundation in the shade "41" is so soft and is medium coverage, it also has great longevity. My other Inglot foundation is the Inglot HD foundation this is another of my absolute favourite foundations, it would probably be my favourite for nights out, because thanks to the HD it looks great in photos and always lasts the entire night. This one is definitely medium to full coverage, what I love about the two Inglot foundations is even though they're both medium to full coverage they are super lightweight and don't feel like I'm wearing a full coverage foundation. In fact the other two foundations which I love, the Hello Flawless and the Rimmel Match Perfect are also favourit's because they are so light weight even though they have good coverage depending on how you build them, I have often found myself forgetting I have foundation on and then walking past a mirror to find it's there.


Next up is my concealers. I have a Jazooli concealer palette along with single concealers. For under eye's I love using my Collection concealer in the shade "light" or the Lancome one either as it's great for brightening. The Lancome Tient Visionnare concealer is great for covering blemishes when I have tan on and my Benefit Fake Up is great at covering blemishes when I'm not wearing tan, also in the shade "light."


I have three little testers, two of which are from Benefit. I have tried Stay Flawless before and really liked it and the other Benefit is just another tester for the Hello Flawless foundation which I'm saving to use for when I run out of my full size and haven't purchased a new one yet. The other tester is the Rimmel matte BB cream in "light" which I received in a Glossybox, I'm surprised how much product is in this tester as I've used it about 5 times and there's still product in there. I do really like the BB cream, only to say the shade is "light" I have to have some tan on for it to work but it is super pretty, I also found it was pretty full coverage to say it is a BB cream I'd say I have had medium coverage the few times I've worn it, if there is an even lighter shade I would probably buy a full size then but otherwise there wouldn't be much point.


I have three face powders at the moment. I have tried quite a few powders over the years but these two brands are the type that I have been loving the most and until I use up one, I refuse to test out another. So the first type of powder I have is the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder, I have this one in two shades in 006 and 002. I also have the Inglot loose powder in shade 11. What's left of my Inglot powder is in a travel tube from my holiday in August and I never transferred what is left back into the bulky packaging.

 Up until I rediscovered my Stay Matte powder I was using it all over to set my make up however I now use it to set my under eye and use the Stay Matte on the t zone and chin.

So that it is for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment